BENEFITS OF EXERCISE
Every one of us has heard it countless times before, exercising regularly is good for you, and it can aid in weight loss. But if you are the type that has a demanding job or always too busy, and you have not yet changed your exercise habits, the good news is that it is never too late to start. You can start slow and figure out ways to fit more physical activities into your life. For this to happen, you need to get a recommended amount of exercise for your age. This will help you feel better, it will prevent or help control many diseases and most likely live longer if you can do this.
Below are some health benefits of exercise;
1. It will help you control your weight: Along with a healthy diet, exercise plays a vital role in weight management and avoiding obesity. To effectively manage your weight, the calories you eat and drink must equal the energy you burn. To lose weight, it is important to use more calories than you eat and drink.
2. Reduce the risk of heart disease: When you exercise regularly, it strengthens your heart and helps to improve blood circulation. The increase in blood flow raises the oxygen levels in your body. Thus, lowering the risk of heart diseases such as heart attack, high cholesterol and coronary artery disease. Exercising regularly can also help to lower blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
3. It helps your body manage blood sugar and insulin levels. Exercise can help to lower the level of your blood sugar as well as help your insulin work better. This, however, can help cut down or prevent the risk for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. If you already have any of those diseases, you can manage it by exercising regularly.
4. Help you quit smoking: Exercise may make it easy for you to quit smoking by helping you reduce your cravings and withdrawal symptoms. It can also help reduce the weight you might gain when you quit smoking.
5. It can help skin health: When you exercise your heart rate goes and it improves blood circulation, this can help deliver oxygen and nutrients to the skin which helps to keep the skin healthy, promotes the production of collagen as well as new skin cells which keeps the skin looking glowing. Exercising also helps to stimulate blood flow and induce skin cell adaptations that can help delay the appearance of skin ageing.
6. It can help with relaxation and quality sleep by helping you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. You can be stretchy with the kind of exercise you decide to do. It appears that either aerobic exercise alone or aerobic exercise combined with resistance training can equally help you to relax well and have a good quality sleep.